Office for Industry-University Co-Creation
Shojiro NISHIO President, Osaka University
Osaka University aims to contribute to the development of society and the world by creating social innovation to produce new social value. As university-industry collaboration to play a major role in creating social innovation, the university has pursued advanced approaches through establishment of the Joint Research Chairs and the Research Alliance Laboratories based around the TechnoAlliance building and implementation of investment business by OSAKA University Venture Capital Co., Ltd. (OUVC). In order to develop these efforts, The Office for University-Industry Collaboration was reborn as the Office for Industry-University Co-Creation in April 2017. The Office for Industry-University Co-Creation will work collectively to enhance an environment for creating innovation so that it can serve as a hub for network-type industry-university co-creation beyond point-to-point industry-university collaboration. I’d like to ask for your kind understanding and continued support for the university.
Our 4 Divisions
- Innovative Co-creation Division
- Aiming for comprehensive co-creation with society from the stage of basic research, this division will work on organizational industry-university co-creation to perform exploration of social challenges to be trackled (themes addressed through co-creation) as well as matchig seeds on campus with industry.
E-mail：contact@ (please add “uic.osaka-u.ac.jp”)
- Technology Transfer Division
- This division strategically manages and uses intellectual assets created from advanced seeds at Osaka University in order to utilize them for creating innovation and developing them in society from both short- and long-term perspectives based on the principle of maximizing societal and economic worth.
E-mail：ipm@ (please add “uic.osaka-u.ac.jp”)
- Co-Creative Education Division
- This division will become a hub for developing human resources for creating innovation beyond boundaries between the university and society through the use of Joint Research Chairs and Research Alliance Laboratories.
E-mail：info@ (please add “uic.osaka-u.ac.jp”)
- Venture Incubation Division
- This division takes the initiative in creating an innovation ecosystem (virtuours cycle through innovation) through the use of government-sponsored projects (Private-Public Innovation Program).
E-mail：shusshi@ (please add “uic.osaka-u.ac.jp”)